Basic-SEO is a simple WordPress plugin that applies basic search engine optimisations to your theme. Here's what it does:
- Shows "Site Title" in page title always no matter what content your viewing
- Shows any content descriptor (page/post title etc.) first in page title
- Uses post excerpt as value of "description" meta tag
- Uses post tags as value of "keywords" meta tag
- Uses tag name as value of "keywords" meta tag when viewing posts for a tag
- Uses category name as value of "keywords" meta tag when viewing posts for a category
- Uses date as value of "keywords" meta tag when viewing posts for a date
The latest version of the plugin can be downloaded from the WordPress Plugins
- Upload basic-seo.php to the "/wp-content/plugins/" directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Place <?php wp_title(); ?> inside the <title></title> tags in header.php for your template if not already there (should be the only content)
e.g. <title><?php wp_title(); ?></title>
- Place <?php wp_head(); ?> somewhere inside the <head></head> tags in header.php for your template if not already there
If you have any comments or suggestions then please e-mail me: jonbullock AT gmail.com
- Fixed output of description meta tag when it contains html.
- Fixed title output for feeds.
- Plugin released.